Eye Care News: Keep Your Eyes Healthy & Happy
Eyewear Trends and Must-know Eye Disease Information
How good is your kid's eyesight? Learn some of the most important facts about your children's eye care, vision and eyesight today!
In a recent BBC program "Trust Me, I'm a Doctor," Dr. Michael Mosley discussed his own vision problems and experiences with nutritional intervention.
Apart from providing relief from bright sun light, sunglasses are important in keeping eyes healthy by slowing the progression of cataracts and macular degeneration.
Contacts were invented in 1801 but have come a long way since! Today you can choose from daily, weekly, or monthly lenses in the high oxygen silicone materials; and can even change your eye colour.
Our eyes don’t just allow us to see our surroundings in colour, they can be the window to our body’s health. Fortunately, the tests to examine eyes are quick, painless and non-invasive.
We all know that Eyesight is one of our most precious possessions. In fact, our sense of sight is responsible for 80% of what we perceive. So just like our body, our eyes need regular care and as always prevention is better than cure.
Numerous studies have proven that vision can be protected by optimising diet and lifestyle along with thorough examinations. So here are some tips...
With winter on its way, it’s time to protect your body against flu, asthma and dry skin.
It’s time to bring out the warm coats and scarves, not to mention the (faux) fur-trimmed boots. With winteron its way, here are 5 Eye Care tips to get you through the season.
Thanks to on-demand services like Netflix and so much good TV at our fingertips, it’s easy to forget that age-old adage about the effects of TV on eyesight.
But while your eyes won’t go square from watching too much telly, your vision could start to suffer. Here are our Top 5 Tips for Screen Eyecare...
Children’s eyecare can sometimes be ‘overlooked’ due to many eye conditions not being apparent.
The eyes may feel and appear normal. Parents can feel reassured by a home vision test; and not knowing any different, children accept poor vision as normal and fail to report the problem.
Due to modern lifestyles leading to increased time spent in front of digital devices, we are unfortunately seeing more children facing vision problems such as: Myopia (short sightedness), Hyperopia (long sightedness), Astigmatism and Amblyopia (lazy eye).
The information below applies to all the information contained on the royallondonoptometry.ca Website.
The users of this Website agree to comply with the terms set out below.
Royal London Optometry owns and operates a Website at royallondonoptometry.ca (hereinafter referred to as the “site” or “Website”). Royal London Optometry® trademark except as otherwise noted on the site, which is accessible to all users (hereinafter referred to as the “user” or “users”). Refrain from using this Website unless you agree to comply with the conditions.
RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH INFORMATION
Information on this Website is intended for informational purposes only and has no contractual value. Royal London Optometry reserves the right to modify the content of this site. At any time, without prior notice. Royal London Optometry assumes no liability for errors or omissions in the content of this Website or for information reliability or completeness of said information.
Information published on this Website is based on marketing, statistical or commercial services or other sources the Royal London Optometry considers reliable and are the sole responsibility of their authors and not of Royal London Optometry. We do not assume any liability for the accuracy or completeness of said information and in no circumstance should this information be regarded as such. Opinions and information as presented on this site reflect our position as of the date of publication and are subject to change without notice.
UPDATING OF THE WEBSITE UNDER THE RESPONSIBILITY OF Royal London Optometry
Royal London Optometry, its employees and directors will not be liable for damages incurred as a result of the information published on this site, for the views and advice published, expressed or implied regardless of its nature.
Royal London Optometry expressly refuses any and all responsibility for the manner in which the user of the site may use the information contained, in any decisions that may be made and in the actions that may or may not be taken based on said information.
Presentations made and contained on this site are the intellectual property of Royal London Optometry. Reproduction in whole or in part of this site on any other medium in prohibited without the express permission of Royal London Optometry.
User may solely use the information contained on this site for personal use. Reproduction in whole or in part of said information on paper may only be performed for personal use. Said information is not to be copied, distributed or transmitted to third parties nor may it be inserted in a document or other medium.
The links to external Websites and their content shall not be prejudged and Royal London Optometry will in no way be held responsible for any direct or indirect prejudice that may result from gaining access to and usage of said sites.
Royal London Optometry draws the attention of the user to the fact that all communication transmitted through this Website remains in the public domain and not the private domain. OSI cannot accept responsibility for the security of the transmission of information.
The confidentiality and integrity of the information circulating over the internet cannot be ensured. Royal London Optometry cannot accept responsibility in the case that data contained on this site is intercepted.
The person responsible for the protection of personal information is the owner of : Royal London Optometry
VIRUSES AND TECHNICAL GLITCHES
Royal London Optometry makes no representations that the content of this site is free of infections, viruses, worms, Trojan horses and/or other codes with contaminating or destructive properties. It is the user's responsibility to take protective measures.
Royal London Optometry DECLINES ALL RESPONSIBILITY IN THE EVENT OF ANY INTERRUPTION OR NON-AVAILABILITY OF THE SERVICE
Under no circumstances shall Royal London Optometry be held responsible for transmission errors of any sort, such as loss of or damage to data, or changes of any type whatsoever, including direct or indirect damage resulting from the use of the services provided on this site.
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of BC.
Any dispute arising of this Agreement shall be brought before the court in the judicial district of
Royal London Optometry's head office.
2 - 3248 King George Blvd, Surrey BC;
Tel:  294-2236.
Royal London Optometry
2 - 3248 King George Blvd, Surrey BC
Tel:  294-2236
Thank you for visiting royallondonoptometry.ca (the “Website”), provided to you by Royal London Optometry (“We”). We respect the privacy of every individual who visits the Website and are sensitive to privacy issues on the Internet. We believe it is important that you know how we deal with information received about you.
What information we collect
We collect and use several types of information from and about you, including:
- Personal Information, that we can reasonably use to directly or indirectly identify you, such as your full name, email address, telephone number and any other identifier we may use to contact you online or offline.
- Non-personal information is information that does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity or directly relate to an identified individual, such as demographic information, or statistical or aggregated information. Statistical or aggregated data does not directly identify a specific person, but we may derive non-personal statistical or aggregated data from Personal Information. For example, we may aggregate Personal Information to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific Website feature.
How we collect the information
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect directly from you may include:
- Communicating with us: When you contact us about a customer service issue, Vision Entrepreneur services or to make other inquiries, we collect the content of those communications, as well as your full name, clinic name, email, phone number, city, province, and any additional information that allows us to answer your request.
Information We Collect While You Interact With Us Through Cookies and Other Automatic Data Collection Technologies
Information We Collect About You From Third Parties
How we use your information
We use your information, including your Personal Information, to manage our business and to maintain and develop commercial relationships with you. We will collect, use, and disclose such information only to the extent that is necessary for those purposes.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information:
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill the purposes for which you provided the information or that were described when it was collected, or any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To improve the Website, products or services, marketing, or customer relationships and experiences.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features, social media, or similar features on the Website.
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
How we share your information
- information you expressly consent to be shared;
- when relating to anonymized information (individuals cannot be identified by it);
- when you decide to make the information indexable by search engines, to share or to distribute the information to people or otherwise to make it available to the public;
- to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request within or outside your country of residence when we have a good faith belief that the law requires it;
- to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or protect the operations or you;
- to protect our rights, property or safety as well as yours, the public, or others;
- in connection with an acquisition, merger, change in control, debt financing, reorganization, sales of assets, bankruptcy or other change of our corporate structure or status; or
- as necessary in connection with the performance of requested services or solutions, or as otherwise appropriate in connection with a legitimate need.
How we store and secure your information
We are committed to protecting the confidentiality, integrity, availability and privacy of your Personal Information. We have put appropriate physical, technological and procedural security measures in place designed to help prevent your Personal Information from being lost, used, modified or accessed in an unauthorized way, or improperly disclosed. Examples of such measures include restricted access to offices, training of personnel, using passwords and well-defined internal policies and practices. We also use encryption technology and Secure Socket Layers ("SSL") in all areas of the Website where your personal account information is required.
In addition, we limit access to your Personal Information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need-to-know. They will be required to process your Personal Information only on our instructions and they are subject to an obligation of confidentiality. Our service providers are required to maintain adequate security protections in place designed to help safeguard your Personal Information and are not permitted to use it for any purpose other than fulfilling services to us.
If you have any questions about securing your personal data, please contact us in accordance with the “How to Contact Us” section below.
We will retain your Personal Information for as long as it is needed:
- to provide the products and services that you have requested;
- to communicate with you about a purchase or a request you have made to us;
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations and to demonstrate compliance,
- to resolve disputes and to enforce our rights and agreements.
We may retain non-personal information that has been sufficiently aggregated or anonymized for a longer period.
Once the retention period is over, we will dispose of your Personal Information as provided for in our internal data retention and disposal policy.
Where We Store Information
How to contact us